Music And Picnic May 13th, 2023
Please read this entire page (the registration form is at the bottom of this page)
We are pleased to announce that the first TE-MP0 Musica al Fresco combined music festival and members’ picnic of 2023 will take place on Saturday May 13th, starting at 12:00 noon, at the Pavilion in Rifle Camp Park, Woodland Park, Passaic County, New Jersey. For directions click here.
We look forward to seeing TE-MP0 members there, to share music and food (membership is required but is free. You can register today by clicking here.)
Our community of musicians with its spirit of collaboration and spontaneity have always made any event that we put together a very special event. After three years of pandemic, the value of getting together in one place is welcome and priceless. Please attend if you can!
Following the pattern used for NEEMFest 2022, we are making the format of the performances more flexible, to create opportunities for spontaneous collaboration between artists who decide in the moment that playing together would be fun. This Music/Picnic will be an experiment in that approach.
As such we encourage (expect) artists to collaborate to produce live sets together. Artists may choose to collaborate by lottery on the day or form groups of collaborators in advance of the event.
- Abide by the rules defined by Passaic County Parks, as described here.
- Contribute to the Potluck. Please be mindful that there will be vegetarians, so consider bringing something appropriate if you are willing (not required.)
Group live performances are the primary goal of the day. They should be based around three to four musicians improvising a session of 30 to 45 minutes in length.
Depending on the number of musicians performing, there will be from 12 to 16 places available. The area for each place is 3 feet by 5 feet, in rows of 6, with a 3 foot circulation space.
TE-MP0 will provide a Yamaha EMX 312 SC PA system with 12 channels (12 1/4” TRS or 8 XLR with 4 TRS) and snakes for audio connections. There will be two speakers and two monitors (L & R)
Once everyone is fully connected to the PA, musicians may join others as inspired by the music being played, and contribute to it. Nevertheless “hogging” is not allowed as we want everyone to participate to encourage diversity. A key skill when playing with others is to know when to play and when not to play.
However, please keep in mind that this is a music/picnic, not Carnegie Hall, come out and have fun!!!
Please bring with you:
- A folding table or stands for your instrument(s) not to exceed 3ft deep by 5ft wide. Label it with the same name you used on the sign-up sheet
- NOTE: Low (waist-height) tables will be placed in the front row, higher ones and taller instrument stands will be assigned to the rear row.
- Extension cords and surge protectors for your equipment.
- A small personal mixer if needed [stereo mix out TRS or XLR.]
- Audio interface if needed.
- DI box and short cables to connect it to your audio interface or mixer (optional)
- 2 audio cables to connect to the PA system provided by TE-MP0. (XLR, 1/4″ TRS or 1/4″ TR.)
- Your instruments (please keep it simple as there will be many players, and space is limited.)
We will have access to grills in the picnic area, and will have folding serving tables for other food items, such as salads or dessert dishes. Enter your contributions on the sign-up sheet. Plan to serve six to eight people. You may also bring your own cooler with beverages that meet the Passaic County Parks regulations and a lawn chair or blanket.
You must register as a member (free) on our website if you have not done so already
Event Registration Form
If you have not already become a member please register (see Registration above) in order to be able to play on the day.